Welcome to the official website of Shenzhen Wayne Intellectual Property Co., Ltd.
How to Register a Hong Kong Patent
1) Apply for a patent
You must submit an application to the Patent Registry under the Intellectual Property Department. Hong Kong, China does not automatically give protection to patents that have been applied for in other parts of the world or in other parts of China.
2. Apply for standard patent
In Hong Kong, China, the grant of a standard patent is based on the registration of a patent granted by three patent offices: the the People's Republic of China National Intellectual Property Office, the European Patent Office (designated the United Kingdom) and the United Kingdom Patent Office. The procedure for applying for a standard patent is divided into two stages, with the following documents being submitted: a request for the record of the designated patent application being filed. Designated patent application means a patent application published in the the People's Republic of China National Intellectual Property Office, the European Patent Office (designate the United Kingdom) or the United Kingdom Patent Office (phase I); and a request for registration and grant in Hong Kong in respect of a patent granted by the the People's Republic of China National Intellectual Property Office, the European Patent Office (designate the United Kingdom) or the United Kingdom Patent Office (phase II).
Application for short-term patent
The grant of a short-term patent in Hong Kong, China is based on a search report prepared by one of the international search authorities or one of the designated patent authorities. If you intend to apply for a short-term patent in Hong Kong, China, you must submit a request for grant, supported by the required documents and data.
Who can register a Hong Kong patent?
If you are the owner of an invention, you can apply for a patent. If you wish to apply for a standard patent in Hong Kong, China, but are not the person named as the applicant in the designated patent application, you are required to submit a statement, together with relevant supporting documents (e. g. a copy of the assignment), explaining your right to apply for a patent.
5. Documents Submitted for Registration of Hong Kong Patents
(1) Submit a record request;
(2) a copy of the published designated patent application;
(3) the name of the invention in Chinese and English;
(4) the name and address of the applicant;
(5) If you are not the person named as the applicant in the designated patent application, you must submit a statement explaining your right to apply and supporting documents (such as a copy of an assignment document);
(6) an address for service of documents in Hong Kong, China;
(7) Translations of relevant data and documents that need to be provided.